Updated: Jun 11, 2021
As some of you may know the Hubby and I are true foodies. If we're not in the kitchen cooking together, we are exploring new restaurants. We have date night every week, and we either go out to a new restaurant on Friday or Saturday. We love trying fresh food and exploring places we have seen on tv.
Peter Luger is to steak lovers what Napa Valley is to the wine connoisseur. I went here on a Friday night and sat in the back corner at a table for four. The seating was perfect and cozy right by the window. The food was incredible. This will sound so cliché, but it honestly was the best steak I have ever had in my life. We ordered the Porter House for two steaks, it was very juicy and soft. I do not know what they do to the meat, but it is perfect. And the bottle of Peter Luger wine we got was great too. I recommend ordering the creamed spinach for one of your side dishes. It's so creamy and rich in flavor. Last my not least, this apple strudel I highly recommend. I am not a person that likes apple dessert. I order the Chocolate Mousse Cake and Dwayne took the Apple Strudel home when I tell you I ate half of his dessert. I never had an apple dessert that melts in your mouth; this Apple Strudel was made with love and many unique flavors.
For a parting gift when leaving the restaurant give you these little gold coins, which is milk chocolate candy. Such a nice treat. Overall, it was a wonderful experience: fantastic service and a delicious meal. The portion size was considerable, so I even had leftover steak. Believe it or not, even after a day and microwaving, the steak was still delicious.
* Renowned steakhouse second oldest
* Atmosphere- 5/5 all steak lovers will love the ambiance here
* Food - 5/5 something you can brag about eating at
* It was a rumor to have a rude wait staff, but I found them helpful and catering to the guest.
* Expect to pay close to $100 per person if you get sides and drinks.
* Cash only but you can use your debit card.
* P.S. definitely book a reservation as it's booked a lot so secure the rest and show up in style.
What we had for dinner:
Iceberg Wedge Salad
Peter Luger Thick Cut Bacon
USDA Prime Porter House Steak for two
Peter Lugar Cabernet Sauvignon
Chocolate Mousse Cake