One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the leftovers! Yesterday Turkey became today Turkey Salad.
If you have a whole bunch of turkey leftover after Thanksgiving, here is a straightforward and tasty recipe that will make the turkey much more enjoyable. If you like me, I am not a turkey person until it's leftover, and I can make a different dish out of it. I love to use Turkey for the hash, and the hubby love to make this Turkey salad; when I tell you, it is one of my favorite leftover foods that he makes. This a great meal for lunch, easy and fast to make. I hope you guys enjoy Dwayne’s Turkey Salad Recipe.
1. 4 cups cooked turkey or chicken with skin removed diced into small cubes
2. 1/2 to 2/3 cup of mayonnaise (dependent upon desired level of consistency)
3. 1/2 cup of finely diced celery
4. 2 1/2 tablespoons finely diced yellow onion
5. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6. 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
7. 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon
8. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
9. 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
10. Lightly season with salt and pepper to desired taste
1. Place diced turkey or chicken in large bowl
2. Add diced celery, onion and parsley to bowl with the turkey or chicken
3. In separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, poultry seasoning and onion powder and whisk to a uniform consistency
4. Next pour the sauce mixture into the bowl with the turkey or chicken and gently stir until evenly distributed.
5. Lightly season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
6. You can serve immediately or place in refrigerator and eat later. I prefer to eat on a croissant but you can use any bread or cracker of chose or eat it alone.